September 17, 2006

Been Busy

Time seems to be flying by this month. I can't believe it is already half over. Hopefully the rest of the month goes a little slower.

Sorry no pictures this time. I have photographed a few youth football games but since the kids are younger than high school I will not post pictures here. I will tell you photographing first and second grader football is great. The kids are out there having fun and are so cute! I love the fact parents cheer for them but do not yell out "suggestions" or negative comments. There is nothing better than capturing somebody doing exactly what they want to do and having fun. As we grow up sometimes sports become less fun and more of something we have to do. There is definitely a fine line between having fun and being competitve and going over that line and feeling like a lose is somehow a reflection on your character. The need to practice more and train harder dominate our thoughts. I've been on both sides of that line personally and it is definitely hard to pull yourself back to the fun side sometimes. Recently I started running without a watch to help me get back to the fun side and away from the constant need to measure my current run against my last one. I'm back to enjoying my runs but I'm sure I'll add the watch back in a little while. Who doesn't like to keep track of progress after all! I'll lose the watch again if it starts taking away from my fun and the freedom I feel from pressures while running.

I've also been working on some updates for my site. I hope to have those changes done by then of this week. More information on portaits will be added and hopefully a little larger gallery. Toying with the idea of posting events I plan on photographing as my schedule allows. Since this could change at the last minute I'm not sure I want to post it. Any opinions?

1 comment:

neysaruhl said...

I still think you should post your potential schedule even if it changes at the last minute. People understand.

I think parents would like to see when you will be back in their area. Plus they can add suggestions on upcoming games you may want to attend (ie. rival games, homecomings, etc ... )

I think it is great that you are getting back to running for fun. After all, unless you are training for another marathon ... running is to RELIEVE stress not cause it :)

Can't wait to see more pics!