September 24, 2006

Golf

I had my first real experience photographying a golf tournament on Wednesday. I went to the GMC Boys Tournament up at Weatherwax. For September it was pretty chilly day. Temps never broke out of the 60s and there was a nice steady breeze. The people at Weatherwax were very helpful in providing me a cart and making a copy of the schedule for me to take on the course. The Oak Hills golf coach helped me get to the right place once I was ready to get started. I have attempted to play golf a few times. Let's just say I get my moneys worth out of a round. Below are a few of my images from the day.

This was a nice pitch onto the green.

Here is a hit from the fairway.

I always wanted to try to capture somebody hitting a ball from the sand. This guy was nice enough to hit it there so I was able to get him just barely visible, the sand flying and the ball. (look top right)

Yes, that is player back behind those trees hitting the ball. I was truely amazed by how well he hit this shot and how it got to the green.

Nice form on that drive! Even the tee popped out like it is supposed to.

1 comment:

neysaruhl said...

LOVE THE SAND shot!!! Actually I enjoyed looking at every one of them. Great job!

Very creative shots. Good composition. Love it.

N