October 1, 2006

Cross Country

I spent my Saturday at a cross country meet at St. Xavier High School. The weather started out a little on the bad side but improved nicely. Just a little rain but then sun but still low temps which is almost perfect running conditions. The wind was a bit strong at times. I've never run cross country so it was a different experience for me. The event was very large with over 2000 runners from many different schools. The crowd support was great as well with people lining the start and fans cheering the finish line as well. All the St X staff people I met were great and helpful. Below are a few images from the day.

Another use for a baseball dugout - the St X "locker room"

Two racers sprinting it out towards the finish.
Below are 2 guys running towards the halfway point. Runners always have great facial expressions.

This girl noticed me as she rounded a bend.
This guy noticed me as well and I think was surprised to see anyone on that part of the course.

1 comment:

KMP said...

Hey Barb-

Great photos! Having worked on the high school yearbook (many, many years ago) I know cross country was often overlooked. It was tough to get nice shots. Yours are terrific. I'm sure the kids will ove them.