October 7, 2006

Tall Stacks

Cincinnait is hosting Tall Stacks this year and I went with a few photographer friends to the first night to take some pictures. Thanks to Neysa and Karen for going along with me on kind of short notice. The evening started out a bit hot but when the sun started going down the temps were much nicer and I loved the light. Below are a few of my images from the night. Ending with fireworks which was the first time I ever tried to photograph them.

Picture of the Cincinnati skyline with a few boats on the river.
A waterwheel leaving a small wake.
The next two are from that beautiful sunset light on the water.

I was playing around in photoshop and changed this image to something totally different since it was a bright colorful image to start. It almost looks a little fake now but it was fun to play around for a change.
The fireworks that ended the night. First of them launching and then exploding.

1 comment:

neysaruhl said...

Your photos are great! I love the warm sunset pictures. Absolutely gorgeous. I also really like the first photo. I wasn't able to get that shot. Mine all came out looking way too busy.
Yours? Perfect. Perfect crop, light, color - and just the right amount of 'stuff' in the photo.
Love them!

I had fun (as always) with you two! Thanks for the invitation! I always enjoy taking pictures of things that I consider 'outside my comfort zone'.