August 27, 2006

Friday Night Football

It was a gorgeous night for football on Friday. The start of high school football was this past weekend in the Cincinnati area. I was lucky enough to have a field pass to the Oak Hills Highlanders vs Anderson Redskins game. Even though the day was hot by the time the game started it wasn't too bad. The game was played at Oak Hills and they started the night off by celebrating their name with a bagpipe band.

Things started off slow but soon the action started to pick up, including this nice run along the sidelines.

Of course I had to take pictures of the band since I was in bad in high school. It was good to see the band cheered by the fans when they took the field at halftime.


Another piece of the action...

The problem with high school game is the light fades quickly and the overhead lights while bright enough to play by do affect the quality of a photograph. I personally still loved the one below even though there is some "noise" in the image.




This is probably why I also tend to take more pictures in the first half than the second. Or least it always seems that way when I break my "saved" images after my first review down by halfs.

No comments: