August 7, 2006

Red Rose

I decided to take the weekend off from shooting sports and spend a little time working in my yard and around the house. I love doing yardwork. The wore out feeling at the end of the day is always rewarding because you can instantly see your changes. As I started working in my flowers I noticed the bee below watching me. I hate bees. Actually I'm just more afraid of them then anything else so I tried to stay way clear of this guy. He did take flight while I was trying to take his picture and I'm sure a picture of me running away was much better than the one below.


I have one Knockout Rose bush that I try my best to take care of. As I was deadheading some of the old blooms I say a red blossom. This might not seem strange except the rest of the flowers are all a pale pink color. So I had to take a few picture of my unique flower before moving on.


1 comment:

neysaruhl said...

Love the rose bush! What a beautiful blossom. I just wish roses weren't such high maintenance plants. I do NOT have a green thumb and they never make it in my yard.