July 23, 2006

Women's Tennis

I love tennis! I wish I could play it better but I'll settle for watching it. I managed to get a media creditial for the women's tournament held in Mason, OH at the Lindner Family Tennis Center. What an experience walking across to the court to get to the media benches. I would have given anything to actually have been allowed to take a racket and just hit one ball. Below are some of the pictures I took over 4 days. It was hard to pick just a few to post. I tried for a variety. Hope you like them.

Patty Schnyder serves
Venus Williams stretches for a ball.

There was a rain delay of 110 minutes one night.
Venus Williams warms up on a practice court.
Bethanie Mattek prepares to hit a ball during her match with Venus Williams.
Venus Williams puts a lot of force behind the ball.
What else is a photographer to do during a rain delay but take pictures of signs in the tunnel.

2 comments:

neysaruhl said...

Great photos!
Love the expressions and intensity in the them.

I bet you did have a blast shooting. Maybe one of these days, I could go with you :) - be your assistant!

Anonymous said...

These look great! What an experience to be on the court!