May 30, 2007

Mt. Notre Dame vs Ursuline Academy

How about a change of pace? Skipping ahead a few games I decided to show some girl's lacrosse. This game was played on April 28th in the morning. I remember it pretty well since it was a lot colder than I was expecting and there was even a nice little drizzle of rain before the start of the game. It had poured down rain the previous day and the field was in pretty bad shape. While it was mostly dry it did have some nice holes in it that they tried filling with sand. The sidelines were soaking wet and by the start of the game my feet were soaked. By the end of the game my entire legs were soaked since I like to knee and sometimes crawl in the grass. This game was part of a JV tournament that was hosted by Sycamore. I hope you like the images.


Picking up the ball and trying to start a break.

Defensive pressure.

Keeping an eye on the ball.

A small collision.

The face-off.

2 comments:

neysaruhl said...

Barb,
These are wonderful! Great captures as always. I love how you can capture the ball RIGHT before they catch it! Amazing!
Great job!

Anonymous said...

These lacrosse shots (and the ones in your previous post) are awesome. You capture the aggression and determination in all the players