June 11, 2007

A New Floor

My husband and I have been talking about ripping out carpet and putting in wood flooring in one room of the house. I got tired of talking about it one day and needed to let off some frustration so I starting on the carpet. Within 3 hours I had the carpet out and most of the things back in the room. That was even with a dinner break. As we have done various things to the house over the years we have found out that sometimes having things put in not so well actually makes it easier to change. Since the carpet wasn't really installed all that great it took no time to get it up. A lot of the staples came up with the padding which made it a lot easier. Cutting strips definitely was a good way to go. Gloves were a must. I started without them on for some reason but quickly pulled them on when I got to the padding. I also wore eye glasses to protect them from anything flying off as I pulled carpet, padding and pried off the tack strips. I included a few images of the destruction. Since it was just me they are quick pictures and then back to work.

The first row of carpet removed.
A few more rows into it. Dinner break time.
All done.


No comments: