November 19, 2006

Light Painting

As a photographer I like to challenge myself to learn new techniques. This helps me grow as a photographer and also gets rid of the potential for burnout. I first heard about Light Painting at the workshop I attended back in June. It was something I wanted to try but never found the time to do it. You need darkness to do it so that limits the timeframes available to me. Since I'm inbetween some of the sports seasons I regularly photograph and most of my portrait work for the holidays is wrapping up I found some free time this morning. I decided for my first attempt I would just go down to my basement and see what I could produce. One of these days I want to go outside late at night but I should probably warn the neighbors first so when they see somebody out there with lights that keep going on and off and moving they know what is going on. While what I practiced with this morning aren't the most interesting things I definitely learned a lot and am looking forward to my next try.

I stacked up some beer my husband had to give me a practice subject.
A little more light this time in different areas.
I decided to outline the M in my Michigan flag.

No comments: