August 16, 2007

Abbreviated Vacation


My 10 day vacation was cut short because of Hurricane Flossie. My husband had to travel for work so I was tagging along. I started in Coronado Island, CA and was to move on to Honolulu on Wednesday. Instead we headed back to Cincinnati on Tuesday night on the red eye (10:15 pm) out of San Diego. While moving the plane for take-off a maintenance light came on. The plane could not be fixed in time to take-off before the noise restriction hours. Luckily we got re-booked on a flight leaving at 6:15 in the morning. Which meant waiting about 4.5 hours in the airport until check-in and security opened back up. Had trouble checking in and did not get a seat assignment. Which meant we were not guaranteed a seat. After going back through security - oh did I mention that every time I went through security had to do the extra special security route. Pat downs and your luggage unpacked and checked. Everything electronic gets tested. Of course I had several pieces of camera equipment so it took awhile. All the agents were great though and were careful with my equipment and friendly. Get the gate and get asked if we mind moving to another flight through Atlanta instead of Salt Lake City because of overbooking. They both got in at the same time so not a big deal. The gates were even next to each other. Got to Atlanta and that plane gets delayed an hour because of maintenance issues as well. Finally get into CVG and had to find our luggage. It made it there via Salt Lake City. Finally I am home. I think I was up 36 hours with maybe 10-15 minute catnaps at the airport and on the planes. One of these days I will figure out what day it is and where I am out. Until then I am off to get more coffee and to start unpacking. The above picture is from the beach outside the hotel where we stayed.

Updated 08/23/2007:
We did get to see the Del - we stayed there since it was the only place that had room for us during our entire stay. Very crowded at times.
I do have high-res files of almost every image posted here and can definitely sell prints from them. I will contact you offline.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were wondering if you guys were going to make it to Hawaii. After all of your hassles, I'm glad you're finally home.

Nice photo of the ocean. Did you go through the Hotel Del Coronado?

Anonymous said...

Nice shot! Do you have a high-res available to enlarge & frame? We are looking for some lake house decorations.