August 31, 2007

Oak Hills vs Moeller Freshmen Soccer

A late afternoon soccer game on Monday. The game started a little later than planned since there was a little problem with getting a team there on time. I know how they feel as I have gotten lost or gone to the wrong field a few times myself for various games. I found myself a small shady area until the game started and thought about the monopod I left at home. Has anyone every had that feeling you are forgetting something when you leave the house but have no clue what it is? I occasionally have those. This time I did not figure out what it was until I got to the field. Opened my trunk and just stared trying to transport my monopod to the trunk with my mind. While not critical for what I do it is a nice to have. A camera with a 300mm lens on it gets pretty heavy after awhile. I will say my arms were pretty tired by the end of the night but I did not smack myself in the face once while changing cameras - a normal occurrence at least once a game. Sometimes I wait until the very last moment to switch to the second camera with the smaller lens and in my haste to twist the 300 over my shoulder I sometimes miss or it starts to fall and I use my chin to try to catch it. I will stop boring you and show you some images from the game....



A keeper save.




Concentration.
Another keeper save.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great action photos! Love the last two collages! Great job!