August 9, 2007

Nature

I found time to post for my friend in Columbus who always lets me know an email he likes my images but never comments :) I told him the other day that I was a little crazy to go outside in the wonderful 95+ degree day to take pictures of some birds hanging out in the shadow of my bushes. These birds have made an appearance in the shadows for the past 3-4 days. So I took my 300mm lens and used my 1.4 teleconverter to get as close as I could without actually getting close. I skipped the monopod I use most of the time when using this lens. It is a manual focus lens and tends to get heavy pretty quickly. So the first 2 images below are the birds. Wish I could have circled the block quickly and sat in my neighbors yard for a better angle. The rest of the images were taken yesterday from my kitchen window. A hummingbird was flying all around one of my honeysuckles so I grabbed the same combination of equipment and took a bunch of shots of it. Decided to stay inside because the heat and the fact I was close enough indoors.

I snuck a little closer
A short break.
Diving in.

I like it even though the main focus is not the bird.


3 comments:

Charles said...

Nice pictures (enjoy your comment). The hummingbird pics turned out really well.

Anonymous said...

Love the hummingbird photos! I especially love the 2nd hummingbird photo because of the angle of the bird!

KMP said...

Love the hummingbird phtos! I myself am just happy if I can spot a hummingbird with my eye. I'm no where near fast enough (patient enough) to capture it on camera.