July 7, 2008

Slowly Recovering

The back is slowly improving. Course they told me at least one week but most likely two so I guess it is on schedule. I am not one to lay around for days on end so it has been a little tough to be in bed so much. The first 2 days I was required to be in bed laying on my side using ice on my back. Luckily I can move around now, though it is a slow pace. I can even manage to sit for about 10 minutes at a time. Watched a lot of DVDs and different tv programs. It was the perfect excuse to watch the Wimbledon final yesterday. Any one else watch that amazing match? What great tennis! Also caught pieces of some of the Reds games and the Cup race on Saturday night. About done with tv for a very long time.

I want to thank everyone for the emails and phone calls. It was great getting daily phone calls from people so I could feel like I was part of the outside world. Special thanks to Mike's mom for taking care of me the first day I was laid up. It was incredibly helpful not to have to get up and make myself food or refill the ice bag.

Hopefully all will be back to normal by the end of the week. My 10 minutes in a chair are up so I must go move around some. I hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July.

No comments: