January 14, 2007

South West High School Classic - Swimming

Saturday morning was pretty miserable in Ohio. While warm, it was very dark and rainy. I left my comfortable bed at 6am to get ready to head to Miami University for a day of swimming and diving. I made my way past a few flooded spots and got to the pool about 7:45. A little later than I would have liked but still some time to get a few practice shots before the heats started. What amazing light I had for swimming. I normally do not get that lucky but Miami has a great Aquatics center. After photographing a meet at Oak Hills I was so relieved to have the bright light. There were hundreds of swimmers competing and they did great job getting all the heats organized and things ran pretty smoothly from my point of view. Below are some pictures from the swimming portion of the meet. Thanks to everyone who helped me out when I had a question or were kind enough to move so I could get in the position I wanted. It was definitely nice being inside away from the gloomy environment and with so many friendly yet competitive people.











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent pics! In the 3rd one from the bottom, you've done a great job capturing the swimmer's determination to finish!

Anonymous said...

what about oak hills WRESTLING