November 6, 2007

Oak Hills at Lakota West

A JV football game on a Saturday morning. That normally means nice light and warmer temps than a varsity game. Well, it was definitely warm. Actually it was pretty hot. Really not sure how the players deal with the heat with all that equipment. I carry 8-10 pounds of equipment with me which is nothing compared to what they wear. Especially since my cameras are really not on me once the game starts. I remember talking to another photographer at the game who said we will probably complain when it gets to be 20 degrees out with a brisk wind. At that point I was not sure I agreed with him. The heat we had this summer was getting very old quickly. I was ready to have the cooler temps.

I was at the game to cover to cover the Oak Hills team which is why all the images are of one team. Clicking on an image should show you a larger version.

This receiver just caught the ball and you can see his eyes looking down the field. Not sure he was happy to see what was coming at him.
Here is the hit he took.

A nice tackle in the open field.
A hit so hard it moved his helmet up.
A diving catch.

2 comments:

neysaruhl said...

Great action shots!
My favorites are 3,5, and 8!

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos! Love the last one...looks like you're right in the mix!