April 16, 2008

Fairfield At Mason Baseball

The ballgame on Monday was in totally opposite the one last week. Least weather wise. It was a pretty cold day for baseball. The wind was whipping and there was no escaping it. If you do not believe me it was cold check out these players.

Told you it was cold. Mason has a really nice field and open sidelines. While it is nice to not have to shoot through a fence it is also a bit unnerving. You constantly have to pay attention to the batter so you know if a foul ball is coming your way. I was all ready for a pick off attempt to first base and really thought the pitcher was about ready to pitch. My mistake. I take a peak at the batter and realize the throw is coming to first. Here is my stellar image of that :)

That is what I get for being fooled by the pitcher. One more reason why I am behind a camera and not trying to play baseball or softball. I am not good at either. I did better the rest of the game and that was only 1 of 2 images I really regret screwing up. The other one I did not even get an attempt as there was a player between me and the actual play I wanted to get. But here are a few of the good ones.

I converted this one to b&w and decided I liked it better that way than in color.

Another b&w
A hard throw for a pick off attempt. The ball is pushing the webbing out.

No comments: