April 22, 2008

Springboro At Lakota West Lacrosse

Another nice weather day. A pretty strong wind at times but the temperature was nice. When I got to the field I was a little worried about covering the game with my complete attention. On the side of the field with stand the Lakota West boys lacrosse team was practicing. This was also the side I was going to be shooting from during part of the game since the sun would then be at my back. Then, on one end of the field, the Lakota East boys lacrosse team was practicing. So I was trying to decide what my odds of being hit by a ball from one of those practices during the game would be. Once I started photographing the game I really did put that out of my mind. My concentration was on the game in front of me and not so much those practices. Only once did a ball come close to me. I heard a - "Watch out!" from my left side. Not wanting to turn and find the ball coming at me I just threw my arm up in front of my camera to protect it. Nice reflex huh, protect the camera instead of myself :) Luckily for me it passed rather closely behind me but missed. I went right back to photographing the game with a slightly accelerated heartbeat for a minute. I appreciate the player for the warning and even more so for missing me :) Anyway, here are images from the game. (only the JV teams played)

Trying to split through the defense.
Looking over the top of the defense.




1 comment:

neysaruhl said...

OMG! That 4th photo is amazing!!!