April 30, 2008

Miscellaous Stuff

I thought I would do one post to describe 3 days in April. On the 19th I headed out to Anderson Township to spend some time with fellow photographer Arlyn as he covered the Little League Opening Day festivities. There was off and on rain showers to start the day but as the parade started the sky cleared. Gapper was there to entertain the players and crowd.

After returning home I went for a run and then worked on business stuff for awhile. I actually got to go out to dinner with my husband that night which was nice. We unfortunately do not get to spend a lot of time together at night since that is when I am normally at an event. On the 20th I spent the day inside at a basketball tournament. It was an early start for me on a Sunday. My normal Sunday morning is the paper and a cup of coffee. Just a nice slow start to the day. I love basketball so it was a good substitute. I will spare you any images since I have already shared a ton of basketball images.

On the 21st I headed up to Lakota East to get some images of their tennis and softball teams for their website. I had already provided the school with baseball and was covering volleyball the next day. I was hoping to cover the entire softball game but that unfortunately did not happen. The opposing tennis team got there a bit late because of traffic. I want to thank the coach for allowing me on the courts during warmup. Much nicer than trying to shoot through a fence. Since tennis was late starting the softball game was already in the 2nd inning by the time I quickly crossed the field. I hate (really hate) showing up late for an event. When I am covering a team I show up early and stay through the entire event. To me, that is what a professional does. So since I did not make it to the start of the game I got the images I needed for the website and left. Here is an image from tennis and one from softball. More can be found on East's site.



No comments: