May 3, 2008

Lakota East At Oak Hills Volleyball

A spring indoor sport for a change of pace. On a beautiful day I found myself inside for some heated volleyball games. I was not exaggerating when I say they were heated games - all the games were very intense. The JV teams had to go to 3 games to decide the winner and the Varsity teams used all 5 games. That makes 8 games total for the night. This would turn into one of those days when I got very little sleep since I finish all the game proofs before going to bed. I finally made it there about 2am. I just wish I could have enjoyed a little more of the games. When shooting volleyball you get the intensity but you do not get to see the entire game. Since the action is very quick there is no time to watch. You constantly have to guess where the action is going to be and be prepared to get the shot. Most times I only concentrate on one side of the court during a play. I can tell by the players moving around on the court where they anticipate the ball to be return so I go with that as my guide. So here are some of my game images.


I love the faces of one of the coaches and the player in the background.
That would be a block at the net.

There is tons of celebration after points. Can you tell who made the good play?





No comments: