May 5, 2008

Oak Hills At Mason Softball

I am pretty sure I will not forget about being at this game for a long time. The reason - weather! I tend to listen to and look at a lot of weather reports because I need to know what to expect when I am out at the games. This game was played last Monday and the weather was up in the air. The forecasts kept changing throughout the day. There would definitely be rain at some point. So I headed out to the game with my rain gear hoping to not have to use it. I really wanted the rain to wait until 7 since the game with a 4:30 should be done by then. The game started with beautiful weather. After the first 1/2 inning the wind started to pick up and I put on my rain coat. There was a little rain in the second inning. Out came my rain gear for my cameras. Then we had more sun. After that the wind really started to whip up. The teams stopped warming up between innings in hopes of finishing before any bad weather. That worked for me as well since I was starting to get pretty cold. None of the forecasts I looked at mentioned the strong, cold winds. Then the rain really started to come down. I cold tell everyone was cold. People were joking around about warm thoughts. After the game everyone pretty much moved quickly to their vehicles. The players were quick to clear the field and put the equipment away so they could get out of the weather as well. So here are some images to show you the game.

Nice weather to start the game.

Checking the player at first.
Who would steal second on the next pitch.
Rain and sun mixed. But I could not find a rainbow.

More rain.
Trying to dry the ball off after some heavy rain. Which was hard to do with a wet uniform.

1 comment:

neysaruhl said...

Wow, Barb, these are great! I love some of the close up shots. Great captures!