May 9, 2008

Last Night

Yesterday I tried to play weatherman again. Or at least attempt to read radar. I was heading out to a track meet at Oak Hills but it pretty much rained all day long. I know from my days on a track team that meets went on as long as it was not storming or conditions became unsafe. After checking to make sure it was still on I headed out to the track. My normal routine is to mingle around before an event for at least 15 minutes to get a feel for things and talked to people. This time I sat in my car and watched it rain hoping that clear spot I saw on radar would make it to the track before the meet started at 4:30. While the meet started with rain about 25 minutes into it things cleared up and there was no rain for the rest of the meet. That made me very happy as well as the athletes I am sure. Watch for images of the meet to come. Here is just an image of the rain hitting a puddle with part of the stands reflecting in it.

No comments: