May 21, 2008

Track and Field

What to do on a rainy day? I know, go photograph a track meet. On May 8th I was definitely trying to figure out the different weather radars. I had been meaning to get to a track meet all season but the weather always seemed iffy when I had a free night in my schedule to go so I stayed away. I was determined to go to this meet though. Checked with the school and things were still on. Apparently the coach was watching radar like me since it was mentioned to me that there was a break coming that should arrive about the start of the meet. Gathered all my rain gear and headed out. I sat in my car watching it rain until the start of the meet. While things did start in a light rain it did clear up. The break in the rain that we saw on radar did make it and the rest of the time I was there no more rain fell. Some of the field events were delayed while they tried to get things dried up so it was safe. It was nice being back at a track meet. I ran track in high school and forgot about how much fun meets could be. Lots of competition but everyone is supportive of the other athletes.

The first image I am showing is me playing around with motion blur. This was during warm-ups so I got to practice a lot. This is probably the best one. I will save you from having to look at all the outtakes.







1 comment:

neysaruhl said...

Barb, I love every one of these photos! You did a GREAT job at the track meet! I know you were looking forward to shooting it because they are so much fun - don't know how you got all of the events that you did! They are all going on at one time it feels like. Did you clone yourself?? :)