May 16, 2008

A Little Rain

So not really a little rain, more like a lot of rain. Thursday night was Senior Night for the players on the St. Xavier Reserve team. I was there to photograph the players with their parents before the game. Unfortunately the rain would not let up so we used the gym instead of the field. I had previously said I would go ahead and stay for the game since I was already there. I have some really great rain gear for my camera but not so much for myself. If anyone knows I good place locally to buy a rain suit please let me know. I have searched before but could not find anything that would fit me. Having it last night would have been great. So here is an image of the rain running down the stadium steps. (click to enlarge)

Here is just one image from the game that shows the rain and the amount of water collecting on the field. Since the field is made of FieldTurf the game could be continued. I kind of wanted some mud flying around but that definitely would not have been a good thing for the athletes.
I left at halftime of the game with the score tied. It was a good game in spite of the weather. More images from the game to be posted at another time. I hope everyone else managed to stay dry!

No comments: