August 25, 2008

Harrison At Oak Hills Football

How about a little Friday night football? On a nice steamy Friday night I was walking up and down the sidelines of the Harrison vs Oak Hills football game. As hot as I was, I can only imagine what the players were going through. Oak Hills came out strong and definitely pumped up by the home crowd. They held off an attempted comeback by Harrison at the start of the second half. As well as a goal line stand in the 4th quarter. They kept Harrison out of the end zone from the 1 yard line on 4 straight plays. Talk about feeling the tension during that series of plays. So here are a few of my faves from the game. As always, the entire collection of proofs are available through the Game Proofs link on the right.

I set up in the end zone towards the start of the game with Oak Hills driving towards me. Here is a breakaway run.
An extra point attempt after another score.
The defense trying to break through the offensive line.

I love this one. If you look closely under the arm of number 78 you can see the ball carry peaking through. I basically had his vision from the other side. (you can click to enlarge the image)

A touchdown pass. (my image of the reception is a blur of white - the ref running in front of me)
The band performs at half.

A kick-off catch with the fans cheering in the background.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our neighbor is the starting QB for Oak Hills. I am glad he got the win and you got show awesome shots. I really enjoying checking out your blog. Keep up the good work.

neysaruhl said...

These shots are fantastic! I love them!

Great work ... as usual. It probably feels good to be getting back into the swing of things with sports starting back up!

Can't wait to see more!

Barb Trimble said...

Ray - thanks for the comment. It is nice to know people are following the blog. The QB did a great job in the game.
Neysa - it does feel good to get back into some sports. Now if the weather would just cool off a little:)