August 4, 2008

Road Trip

A short road trip but a road trip just the same. This morning I got up at 5:20am so I could get ready to head to Georgetown, KY. That is the location of the Bengals training camp. Last year I really wanted to go but could not make it so this year I made it a point to put something in my schedule. My dad decided to join me on the trip which just made it all the better. Not sure he was that thrilled to have to be at my house no later than 6:30am but he was up for it. It was not a bad drive down but the parking situation was a little unorganized. They practiced on the field outside the stadium. We spent the first part of practice standing by the ropes and watching the defense. From there it was really hard to see anything else going on. We ended up moving to about midway up the hill and had a great view of the entire field. There is so much going on at one time which made it hard to pick what to watch. It was great seeing the team in this environment. I had a lot of fun and it was worth the drive. Here are just a few images from the camp. I really did not take many as I was more interested in watching and spending time with my dad.

The familiar #9

Linemen battling.
Of course I had to get a quick image of Chad. He came over to the side to ride an exercise bike for awhile to stay loose. The crowd pretty much converged in that area as soon as they realized where he was. It was kind of funny to watch everyone migrate to him and then away when he went back to the field.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cool! I imagine that you had a fun day! Great photos!

neysaruhl said...

I love it! Everyone loves Chad.

Great pics! I'm glad you got to spend some time with your dad too!