February 11, 2008

Oak Hills At Fairfield Wrestling

More wrestling images. The matches occurred back on January 17th. The lighting is definitely better at Fairfield than most places. They use red mats which do not absorb as much light as black ones which is nice. The JV and Freshmen teams competed at the same time which makes it a bit more difficult for me to get great images of all the wrestlers. Last year I remember a few teams have different uniforms for the teams which helped me out when it came time to proof the images at the end of the night. I could separate them based on uniform color. No luck this year. Luckily the backgrounds were different enough that I was able to tell the 2 level apart. Or at least I hope I got them right. Here are some images from the night.

I am always amazed by the flexibility of the wrestlers.



Checking the time left in the round.




I like that the ref is in this picture giving you an idea of what is going on.


1 comment:

neysaruhl said...

I love the coloring on these! Great job! Too bad you can't ask them to play on light colored mats for some nice bounce light - ha! Just kidding .. I always love your wrestling shots .. you know that. I always feel like I'm RIGHT THERE - but withou the discomfort of actually BEING on the mat in a singlet!