February 28, 2008

Oak Hills Swimming & Diving

While I was at the last swimming meet I got a request from a few parents to come to Senior Day. I try to handle requests whenever I can and luckily I could squeeze this in. There was nothing better than walking into the school and seeing how happy everyone was to see me at the event. I truly love my job and I am happy that others enjoy my work. A huge thanks to the parents who got the meet sheet and marked all the seniors for me. That was a huge help. While I try to get all the swimmers it sometimes is just not possible. The diving board between lanes 2 and 3 just will not move out of my way:) Not sure how many times I almost have run into it or slided my way around it on the wet deck trying to get to another lane to get another swimmer. The meet was held on a Saturday afternoon so I had a lot of natural light coming through the windows which I loved. The images below start with the divers. I am still trying to get better at capturing the divers. More practice on my part would probably be a good thing. Here are the divers.






I like that you can see his face so clearly. Too bad I could not get a high enough shutter speed to get rid of the motion blur of his hand.
A backstroke swimmer breaking the surface after the turn.




1 comment:

timwilking said...

Great shots Barb!

I know the lighting in the pool is challenging, to say the least.