February 20, 2008

That Was Close

Last night I had the opportunity to photograph the Oak Hills boys basketball team in their first tournament game of this season. It was held at Cintas. Great lighting! Yeah! Since I was only concentrating on one team I was able to try a few things during the game. Towards the end of the game I set myself up right by the basket support to get some shots from a different angle. (something I have done during the season but probably not as close) Something I always want to capture is a player saving the ball out of bounds. Well, this one was a little to close and not sure what I was thinking. Actually I was thinking, follow the play maybe I can get the player tossing the ball in to a teammate. The below image is not cropped and it was shot at 80mm. That is with my full frame camera so no digital distance added to that. Luckily for me the player stopped his momentum. Not even a great shot but I thought I would show that sometimes wanting a great image overtakes the need for self preservation. More images from the game at a later time.


No comments: