February 4, 2008

Something Different

Last Saturday I decided I needed a break from things and made a little time for myself. At least for a few hours I could leave all my work behind. (that was the hope) My parents are involved in a group called American Volkssport Association (AVA). AVA is a walking group and they were having a walk on Saturday that was setup by my parents. I have been on some of these walks before but it had been a very long time. The walks are great ways to see different parts of towns and cities. The walk was in Hamilton where I grew up so I thought it would be perfect since it was close. It had been awhile since I had been through the part of town it was routed plus it ran through Icefest too. So off I went to walk 10k. (6.2 miles) I even left my watch at home so I would not be tempted to try to beat a specific time - yes, I am competitive at times. It was great to get out by myself and just let my mind wander. I definitely feel refreshed and ready for my busy week. I highly encourage everyone to make time for themselves.

Yes, that is my shadow. I am showing snapshots today - no post processing work except a crop.
I cool barn I saw on the walk. I had no idea it was there and just had to shoot it.
From Icefest - I went to Miami so the M was appropriate for me.
A carver working on his next creation.
The ice would fly a huge distance.
An Eagle by the old courthouse.

No comments: