March 12, 2008

High Levels of Frustration

Today did not start off on a good note. I have a voucher for an airline that I decided to try to use this morning for a flight to go see some family. I am not joking when I say I spent 3 hours on the phone talking to one company 3 times and another company 2 times. Without any results. They said I could only use it to purchase a ticket from San Diego to Honolulu to Cincinnati - part of my original ticket. When I asked why I could not use it to fly from Cincy to Denver (the voucher says any flight) I was told that it could not be used for a one-way ticket. Hmmm. Cincy to Denver and back is round trip in my eyes. The San Diego/Honolulu/Cincinnati trip would be one way. After several phone calls, representatives and one manager I finally gave up. The manager put me over the edge. I was very frustrated. He would not let me talk (kept interrupting me) and was the one who told me his definition of one-way and round trip. I was really not happy about losing so much money. Luckily for me my husband flew a lot last year and is part of a rewards program and has a high status. He managed to get everything straightened out and we both have our tickets now. Mine was more than quoted but I really did not care at that point. It was better than losing all my money. I also realized through all this experience how well my family and friends know me. When I get really frustrated I love to run. It clears my head and makes me feel better. I had 3 people tell me to go take a run:) So I did and I feel much better. I am so glad the weather is getting better and it was not a cold run. Using my camera always makes me feel better as well so in the spirit of things I took a picture of my running shoes when I got back. Thank you for reading my rant.

No comments: