March 31, 2008

Ursuline Academy At Mariemont

My spring season officially started on Saturday. While the temp was pretty warm and the sun was out on occasion the wind was whipping. Given that it was still March I was okay with the weather. It could have been much worse. I covered the JV & Varsity lacrosse games at Mariemont. I made good use of the track around the field during some of the games. Since the field turf was still wet from all the rain I was able to keep myself mostly dry by sitting on the track instead of on the turf. I did kneel on occasion on the turf because there is no way the track is comfortable enough for that. Starting a season always makes me a bit nervous. All sports are different so I am a little anxious to get back in the rhythm of covering a specific sport. My positioning and methods are different per sport and I quickly got into my flow and am happy with my results. There are a lot of images from the games below. All game images are available through the Games link on the right. Enjoy.


A save by the keeper. I was so happy this one turned out because rarely do I have a clear path to the keeper.




Looking the ball all the way in.
A nice grab on the fall sideline to keep the ball in play.





No comments: