June 10, 2008

Back From Vacation

The trip home from vacation was a lot less eventful than leaving. Last Tuesday my husband and I got to take shelter at the Cincinnati - Northern Kentucky airport during a tornado warning. Everyone moved to the lower level of concourse B to the moving sidewalk section. From reports, there was a tornado pretty close to the airport. They emptied planes and officially shut down the airport. It was interesting to talk to other travelers not from this area. Most had no idea what was going on or what to expect since they were from parts of the country that normally do not get tornadoes. Surprisingly we left on time (or only 4 minutes late) and the flight was not too bumpy. I had a great time at my sister's. Stayed there for a week relaxing and playing with my niece. Got in today and have already started in on the get home from vacation stuff. We did appear to lose power at some point while we were gone so I have reset all the clocks and turned the air conditioner lower to cool off the house. A little hail damage as well outside that will need to be taken care of this week. Also need to cut the grass tonight and pick some cherries. While I did work a little on vacation it was a lot less than I thought which was kind of nice. The break away was definitely something I benefited from. So, all emails and phone calls will be answered by the end of tomorrow. Please bare with me as I get back up to speed. It seems like I also lost a network hub over the past week that I will replace in the morning. I leave you with an image taken by my husband of me buried and put in a cage by my niece. It was fun to be a kid again for a week.

2 comments:

neysaruhl said...

Hey! You're back!
So glad you had a good time!

That picture cracks me up - LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun! Yeah, we had some scary weather didn't we!