June 18, 2008

Indian Hill At Moeller Lacrosse

The second to last tournament game that I covered pitted Indian Hill against Moeller. What a great turnout of fans for both sides. The game was intense from the first whistle. They lined one side of the field and I did my best to stay out of their way so they could watch the game. There is limited raised seating so I definitely had to stay low which is normally how I shoot this sport anyways. The field has nets up at both ends to keep the balls from leaving the field area and I started contemplating from the moment I say them if I would want to shoot from behind them or not. I am always looking for new places to shoot from so I can produce unique images. So here are a few images from the game, 2 are from the end of the field.



First image from where I was standing next to a metal pole at the end of the field. I convinced myself I could just back up behind it if a ball was coming at me.
Surprisingly I hung in and got 3 more frames before I lowered the camera to make sure the ball was going in the net and not at me.


No comments: