June 20, 2008

Nature Images

Today I thought I would share some of the images I took on vacation. We went to a Nature Center one day and while my niece attended a program about rolly pollies, Mike and I went for a walk. While most people choose to walk carrying water we both had a cup of coffee. (we did carry a jug of water as well.) Of course I had to bring my camera along because I rarely get quality time to try to get some nature shots. This place was great. All kinds of birds and other wildlife. Here are a few from our time at the Nature Center.



Mike pointed out the dragon fly and I finally managed to get just one image of it. So hard to find that little thing through the lens of a camera, let alone get it focused quickly enough.
This squirrel let me get incredibly close to it and later it was acting like it wanted its picture taken again.

So I took another image.

2 comments:

neysaruhl said...

I love this series! That photo of the black bird with red on his wing is amazing!
The funny thing is ... I have tried to get photos of the geese that fly over our house every morning for a month now and it is miserably hard to get a good shot. Great job!

neysaruhl said...

Ok ... I know I just left a comment ... but then I looked at the pics again and realized that you actually have a photo of a dragonfly in flight ... INSANE! I am in awe.